The Canadian Macroeconomics Study Group (CMSG) is hosting a Virtual Seminar Series.
Time: 10:00-11:30 Pacific / 13:00-14:30 Eastern, Fridays, March-April of 2021.
The CMSG solicits papers in all areas of macroeconomics. The presentations will take place in 90 minute sessions with each session consisting of 2 papers.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The virtual seminar series will be held on Microsoft Team sessions.
Please check the Program for registration information for each seminar session.
March 12 Request Registration
(Note: session held at 10:00-11:30 Pacific Standard Time / 13:00-14:30 Eastern Standard Time)
- Optimal Bailouts in Banking and Sovereign Crises
- Sewon Hur (FRB Dallas), César Sosa-Padilla (Notre Dame), Zeynep Yom (Villanova)
- Inequality, Taxation, and Sovereign Default Risk
- Minjie Deng (SFU)
March 19 Request Registration
- Herding Cycles
- Edouard Schaal (CREI), Mathieu Taschereau-Dumouchel (Cornell)
- How do People Respond to Small Probability Events with Large, Negative Consequences?
- Martin Eichenbaum (Northwestern), Miguel Godinho de Matos (UCP), Francisco Lima (Statistics Portugal), Sergio Rebelo (Northwestern), Mathias Trabandt (Freie Universität Berlin)
March 26 Request Registration
- Spouses, Children, and Entrepreneurship
- João Galindo da Fonseca (Montréal), Charles Berubé (ISED Canada)
- The Inexorable Recoveries of US Unemployment
- Robert Hall (Stanford), Marianna Kudlyak (FRB SF)
April 9: Bank of Canada Session Request Registration
- Money, Credit and Imperfect Competition Among Banks
- Allen Head (Queen's), Timothy Kam (ANU), Ieng-Man Ng (ANU), Isaac Pan (Sydney)
- Bank Market Power and Central Bank Digital Currency: Theory and Quantitative Assessment
- Jonathan Chiu (BoC), Mohammad Davoodalhosseini (BoC), Janet Jiang (BoC), Yu Zhu (BoC)
April 16 Request Registration
- Dissecting Idiosyncratic Earnings Risk
- Elin Halvorsen (Statistics Norway), Hans Holter (Oslo), Serdar Ozkan (Toronto), Kjetil Storesletten (Oslo)
- Labor Substitutability among Schooling Groups
- Mark Bils (Rochester), Baris Kaymak (Montréal), Kai-Jie Wu (Rochester)
April 23 Request Registration
- Doubling Down on Debt: Limited Liability as a Financial Friction
- Jesse Perla (UBC), Carolin Pflueger (Harris), Michal Szkup (UBC)
- Plants in Space
- Ezra Oberfield (Princeton), Esteban Rossi-Hansberg (Princeton), Pierre-Daniel Sarte (FRB Richmond), Nicholas Trachter (FRB Richmond)
April 30 Request Registration
- Tax Evasion and Capital Taxation
- Shahar Rotberg (Toronto), Joseph Steinberg (Toronto)
- Taxing the Rich
- V.V. Chari (Minnesota), Patrick Kehoe (Stanford), Elena Pastorino (Stanford), Sergio Salgado (Wharton)
May 7 Request Registration
- 'You Will:' A Macroeconomic Analysis of Digital Advertising
- Jeremy Greenwood (Penn), Yueyuan Ma (Penn), Mehmet Yorukoglu (Koç)
- Cheap Thrills: The Price of Leisure and the Global Decline in Work Hours
- Alexandr Kopytov (Hong Kong), Nick Roussanov (Wharton), Mathieu Taschereau-Dumouchel (Cornell)
- Bank of Canada
- Vancouver School of Economics, University of British Columbia
- Department of Economics, University of Toronto
History of the CMSG
CMSG Permanent link: https://dge.repec.org/cmsg.html